Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Banjo Progress



This one has to be done by March 14th.


And wrapped up with a bow on it.





The blonde fretboard is piano maple. Maple headstock overlay is from the maple
tree in the front yard of my old homeplace. Black walnut neck w/ frog heel is from an
old shelf in my great uncle's basement. This thing has a history and it isn't even born yet,
which is a great start in life, I believe.
Oh, and if you want me to build you a banjo, just email me. They are cheaper than you think. I mean, all the wood is free at least...


2 comments:

diary of a suburban momma said...

Steve- You inspire me in spite of my lack of musical talent. Just reading about the love that each of these babies gets makes me want to give the guitar another try. Your talent is amazing.

Steve Vargo said...

I'm flattered!! Thanks so much, I honestly have no idea what I'm doing and I constantly tell people that these instruments build themselves! It's true!

Definitely play some guitar...start really simple, there are so many wonderful songs that have two or three chords.



Steve