Monday, December 22, 2008

THE TARLETON cigar box guitar






I must tell all you people, whoever you might be, that the work on the Tarleton's Oak cigar box guitar is underway. The neck is roughed out, and man, that is some hard old oak. It's a V-neck that will have a slotted headstock, like an old parlor guitar. Black Walnut Fretboard to be added... The body has F-holes and a wonderful Edward Thomas painting on the back. The subject matter shall remain a secret until the pics are posted.

I believe that I will also add the infamous Cafe Bustelo can resonator to this machine as well.

This is exciting for me! Ed is already bugging me about getting these machines finished and he has already started painting his second one. I've got a third box ready for him.
If Tarleton had been as tough as this old oak tree, he might have done better....
12/26/08
The neck is almost done. I'm expecting to pick up the boxes from Ed this coming week and hopefully have a guitar put together by next Friday. It's killing me to get this thing done!
I think Ed's got some more wood from some locally 'famous' trees. One really famous one.

1 comment:

jgriffin said...

I think the Guitar construction is underway and you have been investing all your body and mind to make it a graet one.It nice to have more model of cigar box guitar to choose from.As one of your well wisher i would suggest you to be very careful while making it so that it can produce big sound.You are also using some wood to it which will make it even more stronger.My freind is calling me and we are going to havesome
Cuban Cigars .Best of luck..Love to see the completed Guitar soon.